- Rally driver Albert Bosch will describe the experience and sustainable commitment of the ‘ACCIONA 100% EcoPowered’ vehicle at Sustainable Brands Barcelona 2015
- Visitors to the event will be able to get to know the ACCIONA 100% EcoPowered in an interactive exhibition
ACCIONA 100% EcoPowered team member Albert Bosch will share his experiences in the Dakar 2015 driving the first electric car in the event, powered by clean energies and developed by ACCIONA, during the Sustainable Sunday event next Sunday April 26th in the Centro de Cultura Contemporánea (CCCB) in Barcelona, as part of Sustainable Brands Barcelona 2015.
In a talk titled ‘Sustainability linked to extreme sports’, Bosch will give an idea of the challenges he has faced in promoting sustainability in top-level motorsport, particularly focusing on his recent participation in the Dakar, the most demanding rally in the world and the latest milestone in his career.
Visitors to Sustainable Sunday will be able to see the ACCIONA 100% EcoPowered in the CCCB and discover (in a multimedia exhibition) the technical secrets of the vehicle that left a sustainable footprint on the Dakar.
ACCIONA’s program during Sustainable Sunday will be rounded off by the screening of the documentary ‘Viajeros del viento’ (Travelers of the wind), which describes the ACCIONA Windpowered Antartica challenge, a zero-emissions sled powered by kites that reached the geographical South Pole in an expedition headed by Ramón Larramendi. The project collected scientific information on the Antarctic without making any environmental impact there.
Sustainable Sunday is a free-of-charge family event in which people of all ages can find solutions and more sustainable energy options for daily life. It will be a curtain-raiser for a seminar to be held on April 27th and 28th, in which companies such as ACCIONA, social entrepreneurs, experts in sustainability, researchers, NGOs, investors, academics and government agencies with a commitment to sustainability will debate and analyze a number of initiatives designed to create a better future.
All this makes up Sustainable Brands Barcelona 2015, a world-scope event that aims to link and share thoughts and ideas to orientate society towards a sustainable model of trade and consumption.
- Centro de Cultura Contemporánea de Barcelona (CCCB) (Montalegre, 5, 08001 Barcelona)
- Twitter: #SUSTAINABLESUNDAY
- Sunday April 26th 2015
- The ACCIONA 100% EcoPowered will be on display from 11:00 to 21:00
- Talk by Albert Bosch: 16:00 (Aula 1)
- Screening of ‘Viajeros del viento’: 17:30 (Main Hall)
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Tel.: (+34) 916 231 318 / (+34) 609 225 646