- These include a submersible floating pontoon for transporting offshore wind turbines and a system for fastening sleepers for ballastless tracks.
At the end of 2021, ACCIONA received a grant from the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTO) to develop five of the company’s innovations for use in the construction sector in international markets.
A total of five ACCIONA innovations have received financing:
- A submersible floating pontoon for transporting offshore wind turbines (ARGO) (Application Nº: PCT/ES2020/070662)
Its primary use is to transport offshore wind turbines from a port to their installation position, where the floating pontoon is sunk together with the wind turbine until the caisson base of the turbine is placed on the seabed.
- System for fastening sleepers for ballastless track (Application Nº: PCT/ES2017/070140)
This is a device for fastening sleepers to the rails for ballastless track systems.
- Sliding frame for positioning bridge girders (Application Nº: PCT/ES2020/070043)
Its main purpose is to facilitate the transport of pre-cast construction sections used for constructing bridges and viaducts. It enables the construction section to be loaded, provisionally supported and transported horizontally to its final position on the bridge or viaduct (used for roads, highways or railways) in a safe way with constant movement and load control.
- Construction panels (Application Nº: PCT/ES2012/070786)
Used for surface coverings and characterised by their ripple shape .
- Sealing device (Application Nº: PCT/ES2018/070179)
Tool for drilled holes in tunnel lining elements.
The grant received by ACCIONA relates to the 2021 program held by the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office and forms part of its “Programme for encouraging patented and utility model applications abroad 2021”. The goal of this programme is to encourage Spanish businesses to use industrial property as a tool for accessing international markets.