interactive learning environment
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
ACCIONA Cultura is responsible for the management and general coordination of the work related to the design, production, installation and commissioning of 149 audiovisual and interactive installations inside the National Museum of Qatar that form part of the narrative of the museum’s permanent collection.
The exhibition is organised across eleven individual galleries spread over 1,5 km, which offer interactive learning environments and an attractive narrative that serve as a knowledge base and encourage cultural understanding of the country.
ACCIONA Cultura has shot images and interviews that have been combined with over 5,000 images to contextualize and archive the historic, geographical, economic and social development of Qatar.
The National Museum of Qatar, which was designed by Ateliers Jean Nouvel, has an area of 40,000 square metres, of which, about 8,000 m2 will be used for the permanent exhibition and another 2,000 m2 for temporary exhibitions all surrounded by a 112,000 m2 garden.
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Contact; Project management, design, production and commissioning of 149 multimedia productions
- Year: 2019
- Client: Qatar Museums
- Production of 149 audiovisual and interactive installations, which form part of the narrative of the museum’s permanent collection.
- Video footage of historical sites and interviews have been combined with over 5,000 images to contextualize and archive the historic, geographical, economic and social development of Qatar.
- The exhibition is organized across eleven individual galleries spread over 1,5 km.
- The National Museum of Qatar has been designed by Ateliers Jean Nouvel and has an area of 40,000 square meters.
- The building’s design is inspired by a desert rose, used as a link between the Bedouin culture and modernity, as well as a natural element that facilitates the integration of the building with its environment.
the grand egyptian museum