Construction of the section Frigiliana - Nerja
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The standard section has two platforms separated by an 8 m median, with 7 m wide carriageways and two 3.5 m lanes in each direction, 1 m inner verges and 2.5 m outer verges, with 1 m berms.
The most important elements of the dual carriageway are:
- 2 double viaducts, one over the river Chillar, 142 m long, and the other over the Coladilla ravine, 120 m long.
- 2 single viaducts to resolve the links to Nerja.
- The Capistrano tunnel, a double tunnel that crosses the San Juan de Capistrano pass with a length of 1,030 m on the left carriageway and 920 m on the right carriageway.
- Location: Málaga, Spain.
- Contract type: Construction.
- Infrastructure: Construction of a 4.08 km section of dual carriageway including two twin tunnels, two double viaducts and two single viaducts.
- Year of project completion: 1999