One of the most important road projects in the country
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
This consists of the construction of a highway through areas where the current one ran previously, which will have three lanes in each direction, plus two central lanes that can go in either direction depending on the operating requirements. It will also have 6 new links.
It is one of the most important road projects in the country, as it will provide a mobility solution for the residents of the Panamá Oeste province. Dormitory-style residential area, since most of its residents earn their living in Panama City. At present, traffic jams on entering the city by the current route mean that residents are forced to waste almost two hours of their time each way.
The new construction section has the following characteristics:
- Two separate main roads with three lanes in each direction, except in the sections where final studies yield another result.
- Reversible central two-lane road: This road will operate from Arraiján to Panama during the morning rush hours, and from Panama to Arraiján in the afternoon rush hours. Likewise, as required by traffic volumes, this roadway may operate in the most appropriate direction to guarantee an adequate level of service.
- Using this configuration, the new extended thoroughfare will have a minimum capacity equivalent to five lanes of traffic in the busiest direction of traffic when required.
- Five interchanges plus a possible sixth interchange.
Using this configuration, the new extended thoroughfare will have a minimum capacity equivalent to five lanes of traffic in the busiest direction of traffic when required.
As one of the main organisations that continually seeks to focus on corporate social responsibility strategies at the core of our business, ACCIONA stands out among our peers as a company with superior operational efficiency, climate change strategy, control standards applied to suppliers, workplace health and safety policies, as well as our code of management conduct and ethical practices.
- Location: Arraijan, Province of Panama Oeste. Panama (from Puente de las Américas to Arraiján)
- Type of contract: Design, construction and 3 years maintenance
- Infrastructure: 8 km "Expansion of the Pan-American Highway" (main section of the Bridge of the Americas to Arraiján) + 3.5 km Via Centenario + 30 km in branches and collector roads
- 2 box-type structures (underpass / E8 and E9)
- Construction end year: 9/2023
- It is one of the most important road projects in the country, as it will provide a mobility solution for the residents of the Panama Oeste province.
- Dormitory-style residential area, since most of its residents earn their living in Panama City.
- At present, traffic jams on entering the city by the current route mean that residents are forced to waste almost two hours of their time each way.
- The obstruction or restriction of vehicle and pedestrian traffic was completely avoided during construction, and the original number of lanes was maintained.
- When necessary, there were alternative routes or new temporary roads planned that guaranteed sufficient capacity and lack of disruption.
- There are a total of nine detours that have sufficient capacity to maintain traffic speed and flow.
m3 of blasting
m3 of excavation of cutting
m3 of cut and fill
m3 of material contribution
structures in 6 interchanges
tons of steel in structures
m3 of concrete in structures
M OF DOWNSTAIRS AND DOWNSPOUTS
M OF TRANSVERSAL DRAINAGE WORKS (ODT) WITH CONCRETE PIPES WITH 1.80 M DIAMETER
m of longitudinal drainage type collectors with concrete pipes with 0.80 m and 0.6 m in diameter