- The installation enhance the industrial and railway architecture that defines the Los Arañones concourse.
- This is one of the last milestones before the commissioning of the new station, whose works are already over 99% completed.
The joint-venture between ACCIONA and Avintia Construcción has successfully carried out the lighting tests at the new Canfranc International Station in Huesca, which will come into service in the coming months.
The purpose of the lighting is to enhance the magnificence of the industrial and railway architecture that dominates the Los Arañones concourse. Indirect LED lights have been installed for this purpose, which together he large portioned spaces, make possible to see the restored centennial trusses from the inside.
The choice of LEDs also allows a more efficient use of energy and the consequent reduction of CO2 emissions.
The works of the new Canfranc station and the new railyard are practically completed, with more than 99% of the construction carried out. Only the access points for future users of the station, the telecommunications and installation of the display systems that will enable the station to operate, are yet to be completed.
The remodeling of the Canfranc International Station has been promoted by the Department of Territorial Organisation, Mobility and Housing of the regional government of Aragón and carried out by Suelo y Vivienda de Aragón S.L.U
This project includes construction of a new railyard and a new station, as well as the comprehensive restoration and remodelling of old station.
This historic building will be converted into a five-star 103-room luxury hotel with 103 rooms, which will be operational throughout 2021. In addition, the area will be developed to provide the esplanade and its buildings with all the necessary services.
The station, declared a site of cultural interest, is a landmark in the railway history of Spain and France thanks to the cross-border railway line that connected the two countries during the 20th century. It was inaugurated by Alfonso XIII in 1928 and was used until 1970.