ACCIONA maintains a firm commitment to the continuous improvement of Corporate Governance, and is complying with modifications to the current legal framework governing this issue, incorporating new information requirements for all listed companies. As part of the Company's commitment to continuous improvement in Corporate Governance, we have modified the Company's Bylaws, the Shareholders' Meeting Regulation, the Board of Directors Regulation and the Company´s Code of Conduct.
Good Governance at ACCIONA
- In 2018, ACCIONA approved a Director Selection Policy
- Approval of the new Board director remuneration policy for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- The Code of Conduct, approved in 2007,was revised in 2011 and in 2016 by the Board of Directors.
- ACCIONA S.A., adherence to the Spanish Tax Agency's Code of Good Tax Practices, with the aim of adopting and finalizing its control, prevention and compliance systems and meeting existing regulations.
- ACCIONA's Board of Directors comprises eleven members: nine are external. Of these, six are independent directors, two remaining are proprietary directors. And one is classified as “other external director”. Two of the eleven members are executive directors.
- Out of the eleven members of the Board of Directors, three are women, making up 27.27 % of the total number of members of the Board.
- In 2013, an independent member of the Sustainability Committee designated as Lead Independent Director.
- ACCIONA’s Board of Directors approved the amendment of the Internal Code of Conduct in the Securities Market