ACCIONA maintains a firm commitment to the continuous improvement of Corporate Governance, and is complying with modifications to the current legal framework governing this issue, incorporating new information requirements for all listed companies. As part of the Company's commitment to continuous improvement in Corporate Governance, we have modified the Company's Bylaws, the Shareholders' Meeting Regulation, the Board of Directors Regulation and the Company´s Code of Conduct.
Good Governance at ACCIONA
- Approval of the new Board director remuneration policy for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- The Code of Conduct, approved in 2007,was revised in 2011 and in 2016 by the Board of Directors.
- ACCIONA S.A., adherence to the Spanish Tax Agency's Code of Good Tax Practices, with the aim of adopting and finalizing its control, prevention and compliance systems and meeting existing regulations.
- ACCIONA is making progress towards achieving gender balance and there are now three women on the ACCIONA Board of Directors. (27,27%), out of 11 members.
- ACCIONA's Board of Directors comprises eleven members: Nine of whom are no-executive directors. Of these, seven are independent directors and the two remaining are proprietary directors.
- In 2013, an independent member of the Sustainability Committee designated as Lead Independent Director.
- ACCIONA’s Board of Directors approved the amendment of the Internal Code of Conduct in the Securities Market