In compliance with the provisions of article 512 of Legislative Royal Decree 1/2010 of July 2nd 2010, which approves the revised text of the Act on Corporations, the Annual Meeting of Stockholders of ACCIONA, S.A. has approved these Regulations, which systematize and implement the rules of operation of this body.
TITLE I: SHAREHOLDERS´ MEETING REGULATION
Article 1. Objective
- The objective of this Regulation (the "Regulation") is to establish:
- The rules governing the constitution and functioning of the General Meeting as a body of the company ACCIONA, S.A. ("ACCIONA" or the "Company");
- The rules governing the exercise of shareholders' political rights, including the rights to be informed and to attend, intervene and vote and their other legal rights in relation to the General Meeting.
- The Regulation's mission is to achieve the effective participation of as many shareholders as possible in the General Meeting by providing the necessary information and an adequate structure for the transaction of business. If ACCIONA decides at any time to pay a bonus for attending the General Meeting, it must first establish a stable general policy.
- By adopting the Regulation, the Company:
- Complies with the duty imposed by the Capital Companies Act and related provisions of current law;
- Incorporates and elaborates upon the legal mandates on corporate governance to which Acciona is subject as a listed company; and,
- Assumes the principles and recommendations on corporate governance, as adapted to Acciona's ownership structure.
* This is translation of a duly approved Spanish-language document, and is provided for informational purposes only. In the event of any discrepancy between the text of this translation and the text of the original Spanish-language document which this translation is intended to report, the text of the original Spanish-language shall prevail. .