Waste Water Treatment Plant
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Entity: Community of Madrid (Madrid Regional Government) Canal de Isabel II
- Location: Madrid
- Population: 120,000 eq/inhab
- Flow: 20,000 m3/day
Key points - Treatment
- Pre-breakdown and propelling to WWTP-urban pipes and propelling
- 10 mm pitch coarse solids breakdown
- 3 mm pitch fine solids sieving
- Sand/silt trapping-grease trapping in 2 aerated longitudinal channels
- Sand/silt clarifying and grease concentrating
- Biological treatment in low load active sludge with removal of nitrogen and phosphorus by biological means (MUCT)
- Two 13,750 m3 reactors
- Diffuser and blower aeration
- Secondary settling in two 30 m diameter circular units
- Excess sludge floatation thickening in a 10 m diameter unit
- Dehydration (Conditioning) in two 13 m3/h centrifuge settlers