Waste Water Treatment Plant
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 2,000 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 3,6 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 35 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Entity: Agua Décima
- Location: Chile
- Population: 101,500 eq/inhab
- Flow: 25,920 m3/day
- Coarse (ø 30 mm) and fine (ø3 mm) solids breakdown by mean of two automatic grids and two self-cleaning sieves
- Third emergency channel with hand operated screen
- Two sand/silt-grease trap channels 12 m long
- Two primary ø 25 m settlers
- Chlorine gas disinfection
- Sludge thickening in ø 7 m gravity thickener
- 2,100 m3 unheated anaerobic digestion
- Sludge dehydration by means of a 1.5 m band filter
- Deodorisation of the installations by means of an active carbon filter