Purification of urban and industrial wastewater
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Entity: Ministry of the Environment. Confederación Hidrográfica del Norte.
- Location: Lugo (Galicia). Spain.
- Capacity: Flow: 76,500 m3/day. Population: 200,000.
Design and construction of WWTP in Lugo. The facility is composed of a water line and a sludge line.
The water line includes:
- General bypass for maximum flow.
- Two prefilter wells with screens.
- Two channels equipped with rotating and disintegrating sifters.
- Two pumping wells for the elevation of raw water.
- Four discharge canals.
- Four desanding-deoiling canals.
- Six primary decanters.
- Measurement and regulation of the flow into the biological treatment stage.
- Biological treatment in four lines.
- Recirculation of sludge.
The sludge line is made up of:
- Primary sludge purge.
- Excess sludge purge.
- Sludge thickening process.
- Excess sludge thickening.
- Anaerobic digestion.
- Storage of digested sludge.
- Dehydration and thermal drying
Additionally, odour treatment has been provided and the facility has been equipped with a network of water services, airing network and with all the auxiliary equipment for the correct operation of the same (laboratory, workshop, maintenance equipment, etc).