Located in Zaragoza
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 2,000 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 3,6 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 35 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Entity: Aragon General Provincial Council
- Location: Zaragoza, Spain
- Population: 25,333 eq/inhab
- Flow: 1,600 m3/day
Key points - Treatment
- Raw water pumping
- 1 mm pitch solids sieving
- Sand/silt trapping-grease trapping in channel
- Longitudinal aerating, sand/silt clarifier and grease concentrating
- 315 m3 discharge homogenising pond with mechanical stirring
- Physical-chemical treatment (mix and flocculation) with addition of CI3 Fe
- Primary settling of 10 m diameter
- Carousel type biological reactor of 2,520 m3
- Aeration by means of ceramic diffusers and blowers
- Secondary settling in a 13 m diameter unit
- Recirculation and excess sludge pumping
- 8 m diameter gravity thickening
- Gravity thickening in a ø 8 m unit
- Band filter conditioning and dehydration