Improvement, service and management and maintenance
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 2,000 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 3,6 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 35 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Entity: Comune di Cagliari
- Localización: Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
- Population: 1,150,000 hab/eq
- Capacity: 260,000 m3/day
- Raw water elevation
- Grit and grease removal.
- Primary settling
- Half load, piston flow active sludge reactor biological treatment.
- Secondary settling
- Effluent disinfection
- Primary sludge purge
- Biological sludge purge
- Anaerobic digestion
- Band filters and centrifugal pumps dehydration
- Biological Gas line
- Biological gas storage in gasholder
- Electrical power generation
- Sludge heating
- Surplus biological gas burning
- Auxiliary services
- Compressed air production and distribution
- Service water production by sand filtration and distribution.
- Drinking water distribution
- Installations Up-Dating
- Biological nitrogen removal system installation using Nitrification Denitrification in the biological reactors.
- Installation of a system to adapt flows from septic tanks and rubbish Gump lixiviates previous to their incorporation to the ordinary plat treatment