Treatment and Discharge Improvement
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Entity: MIMAM. North Hydrographic Confederation
- Location: Ferrol, A Coruña, Spain
- Flow: 31,000 m3/day
- Influent construction and pre-sand/silt trapping
- Influent flow metering and regulation
- Raw water lifting to treatment line, with 5 submergible screw pumps
- Pre-treatment with 3 mm sieving in 4 channels and sand/silt trapping-grease trapping in 5 channels
- Pre-treated water flow metering
- Lamellar settling without reagents (SEDIPAC), in three units
- Biological filtration (BIOFOR), in six units
- Biofor dirty washing water regulation (with the excess sludge from this biological treatment)
- Delivery of treated water to action commencement (Disinfection and undersea effluent pipe)
- Joint primary sludge and excess sludge extraction from the DEDIPAC, and six screw pump pumping
- Excess sludge thickening through thickening screens, in three units with chemical conditioning
- Pumping to digestion, by three twist screw units
- Gas production in digesters
- Gas storage in low pressure gasometer
- Using gas in sludge heating
- Surplus gas burning in flare
- Building ventilation
- Service water
- Service air