Prediction based on big data and neural networks
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
A software platform for the analysis and early detection of faults and possible malfunctions of wind turbine components.
The aim of this project is to develop a software platform aimed at providing tools and applications for the analysis and early detection of faults and possible malfunctions in the different elements present in wind turbines, with the aim of applying preventive maintenance methodologies to extend the working life of the equipment.
- Location: Technological Innovation Department of Acciona
- Duration: January 2019 – July 2020
- Participants: Acciona
- Budget: €235,980
- Note: This company has received aid co-funded 50% by the Government of Navarra and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Operational Programme ERDF 2014-2020 for Navarra.
- The creation of an application for the handling and treatment of data, generating models and indicators with the aim of detecting malfunctions and calculating RUL (Remaining Useful Life) estimates for the equipment.
- The development and training of behavioural models by combining different Artificial Intelligence techniques based on neural networks, for the analysis of data in real time and the early detection of faults or malfunctions of equipment to facilitate diagnosis and identify causes.
- Structure the simultaneous performance of a series of strategies with a dynamic distribution of the total capacity to each one of them.
- Design of a Big Data architecture that can handle large volumes of data to provide the necessary computational capacity to develop standardized models of equipment performance and search for behaviour patterns.
- Development of a standardized database from different sources for the purposes of analysis, and the creation of a standard behavioural model for the equipment based on the data obtained.