SUPPLYING SANTOMERA DURING 25 YEARS
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
The municipality of Santomera is supplied with 100% of its drinking water through the Mancomunidad de Canales del Taibilla.
Approximately 35 km of drinking water supply pipes of 80 mm diameter and larger are available. As for the sewage system, there are approximately 48 km of sewage and rainwater network, with diameters ranging from 200 mm to 1200 mm.
The sewerage network is composed of 45 km of pipes of different types and diameters, with diameters ranging from 200 mm in many of the streets of the urban area of Santomera to the main collectors of 800, 1000 and 1200 mm, which discharge to the pumping stations and E.D.A.R. North of Santomera.
- domestic supply of drinking water
- distribution of drinking water to subscribers, and evacuation of wastewater and rainwater generated in the locality,
- connections or private septic tanks to the purification infrastructures.
The Drinking Water Supply and Sewerage service includes all the operations and means necessary for adequate location:
- cleaning, maintenance, upkeep and repair
- future installations and infrastructures for the supply of drinking water and for the evacuation of wastewater and rainwater
- rainwater drainage
The operation of the Service also includes the administrative management of the Service:
- managing the collection of the tariffs
- preparation and dispatch of receipts for the collection of the garbage collection fee
- preparation and dispatch of receipts for the collection of the sanitation charge