Improvement in the quality of provision, both in terms of sanitation and security of the supply
The close collaboration with the Association of Municipalities has meant that it has been possible to attract investments (upgrades to drinking water treatment plants, potable water tanks, conveyance systems, etc.), by other administrations. Also worthy of note is the research work carried out through agreements with the University of Granada and ACCIONA's RDI Department, as well as a social action program focused on raising awareness about the water management cycle at schools and neighbourhood associations.
These years of work have resulted in the extension of the concession up to 2045, which entails the investment of more than 32,000 Euros in renovation projects and improvement of networks in the municipalities, by means of an improvement fee.
- Customer: Mancomunidad de Municipios de la Costa Tropical (Association of municipalities of the Tropical Coast).
- Location: Andalusia. Spain.
- Population served 110,000/ (350,000 in summer).
- Average volume distributed: 40,900 m3/day.
- Maintenance of Networks:
- High (km).
- Distribution (km): 625.
- Drainage (km): 335.
- Underwater sewage pipes (units): 14.
- Meter readings (readings /year): 316,840.
- Search for leaks (km/year): 1,440.
- Water quality control (total analysis year).
- Emergency service.
Includes the following installations:
|WWTP Motril-Salobreña||WWTP Motril|
|WWTP La Herradura, Almuñecar||WWTP Palmares|
|WWTP Carchuna, Motril||WWTP Molvizar|
|WWTP Los Gualchos, Castell de Ferro||WWTP Contraviesa|