Drinking water, sewer system and wastewater treatment.
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Customer: Ricote Town Council
- Location: Ricote (Murcia), Spain
- Population served: 1,457
- Average volume distributed: 440 m3/day.
- Network maintenance: Distribution (km): 93. Sewers (km): 17
- Maintenance of 4 tanks with a total capacity of: 2,850 m3
- WWPT O&M
- Meter reading (readings /year): 8,112
- Leakage control (km per year): 34
- Water quality control (checks per year): 3,240
- Water storm maintenance
- Customer management: 1,352 customers
- Sewer Network cleaning: 17 km
- Hydraulic Works
- Effluent control
- Emergency services