WWTP TREATMENT & PUBLIC UTILITIES SUPPLY
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Customer: Pilar de la Horadada Town Council.
- Location: Alicante, (Community of Valenciana). Spain.
- Population served: 22,000/,(75,000 in summer).
- Average volume distributed: 9,400 m3/day.
- Maintenance of Networks:
- High (km).
- Distribution (km): 350.
- Drainage (km): 21.
- Meter readings (readings /year): 78,376.
- Search for leaks (km/year): 556.5.
- Water quality control (total analysis/year): 150 + disinfection control.
- Maintenance of pump stations: 16 units.
- Subscriber management.
- Cleaning of sewage network.
- Emergency service.
- Hydraulic works.
- Waste management.
Source of water:
- Mancomunidad de los Canales del Taibilla (District association of los Canales del Taibilla).
- Own catchment.
- Total storage capacity (m3): 15,000.