Running, upkeep and maintenance of the WWTP
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Project: WWTP Copero, Seville, Spain
- Client: Metropolitan Company for the Supply and Waste Treatment for the Seville Water Area (Empresa Metropolitana de Abastecimiento y Saneamiento de Aguas de Sevilla (EMASESA))
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Population: 1,487,500 equivalent inhabitants (design); 711,000 equivalent inhabitants (current)
- Capacity: 255,000 m3/day (design); 135,000 m3/day (current)
- Pre-screening (2 channels)
- Source water pumping
- Screening (6 channels)
- Degritting and extracting of floating matter (6 units)
- Primary separation (6 units)
- Biological flow treatment through pistons (8 units)
- Sludge recirculation
- Secondary separation (8 units)
- Tertiary treatment for service water
- Gravity thickening for primary sludge (4 units)
- Floatation for biological sludge (3 units)
- Mixing of thick and floating sludge
- Anaerobic digestion (8 units)
- Deposit for digested sludge (2 units)
- Sludge warming
- Gas storage
- Burning of excess gas
- Sludge dewatering (4 centrifugal separator units)
- Storage of dewatered sludge
- Biogas cogeneration (4 units)
- Drinking Water Pumping Station at Guadaira M.D: Pumping of sewage and rain water with a capacity of 31,8 m3/s.
- Drinking Water Pumping Station at Guadaira M.I. Tornillos: Pumping of sewage and rain water with a capacity of 8 m3/s.
- Residual Water Pumping Station at Polígono la Isla: Pumping of sewage with a capacity of 1,112 m3/s.
- Drinking Water Pumping Station at Copero: Pumping of rain water with a capacity of 1,112 m3/s.
- Drinking Water Pumping Station at Arroyo Culebra: Pumping of rain water with a capacity of 0,90 m3/s.