AVERAGE VOLUME DISTRIBUTED: 1.200 m3/DAY
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 2,000 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 3,6 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 35 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Since 2012, the City Council of Alfoz de Lloredo has been managing the Integral Water Service with the collaboration of ACCIONA under concession.
- Customer: Ayuntamiento Alfoz de Lloredo
- Location: Alfoz de Lloredo (Cantabria). Spain.
- Population served: 2,466 inhabitants.
- Average volume distributed: 1.200 m3/day.
- Network maintenance:
- Distribution (km): 120.
- Drainage (Km): 100
- Purchase of catchments (number of pumping wells): 5 units.
- Maintenance of 6 reservoirs with a total capacity of: 250 m3
- Operation and maintenance of E.D.A.R: 900 m3 /day
- Meter readings (readings/year): 11,100
- Leak detection (km/year): 120 km
- Water quality control (total analysis/year): 7 complete, 14 control and 365 organoleptic tests
- Storm tank maintenance
- Subscriber management: 2,596 m3
- Cleaning of the sewerage network: 100 km/year
- Emergency service
- Hydraulic works
- Discharge control