renovation on the first floor
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
The hospital is located in the outskirts of the city of Murcia next to the highway that connects Murcia to Cartagena. For the steps to be followed in the construction process, which will be specified further below, the following conditions had to be met:
- The hospital had to provide the same health care services during construction, for which certain necessary measures had to be taken.
- Maximum use of the existing construction.
- Adaptation of the facilities to the regulations in force, ensuring they complied with regulations from NBE-CPI (Spain's Basic Construction Standards for fire protection conditions)::
- Fire protection.
- R.B.T. (Spain's Low Voltage Regulation)
- Guidelines regarding HVAC in operating rooms.
- Location: Murcia, Spain
- Contract type: Construction
- Infrastructure: Renovation of the first floor of the General Hospital
- Year of project completion: 1997