best urbanism and social impact
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
In 2014, Obras magazine recognised the UAM Cuajimalpa Torre III as the best work in the category of 'Urbanism and Social Impact', as it meets all required standards and maintains construction, high social and environmental standards, while minimising energy consumption and promoting the optimal development of the student community.
The building has:
- Eight floors
- Spacious courtyards and interior glazed bridges to enable natural lighting and ventilation, with the energy saving benefits this implies
- 470 parking spaces
- Library, auditorium, classrooms, workshops and laboratories
- Cubicles for teachers
- Outdoor forum, sports facilities and green areas
- Administrative offices and dining room
- Location: Cuajimalpa, Ciudad de México. Mexico
- Contract type: Design and construction
- Infrastructure: Infrastructure: 44,000 m2 surface area, 65 classrooms with capacity for 1,200 students (600 per shift) and 88 cubicles for academic staff and 14 research laboratories and an IT, software factory, networks laboratory and structured programming areas.
- Year of project completion: 2014
Autonomous Metropolitan University