10 wells of 170 m in depth
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 844 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 2.3 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Jávea is the first reverse osmosis desalination plant in the world that dilutes rejected brine to minimise the environmental impact.
The catchment of sea water is carried out through 10 wells (7+3 reserve) of 170 m in depth.
- Project: Jávea Ocean Water Treatment Plant .
- Entity: Ayuntamiento Jávea.
- Location: Jávea, Alicante. Spain.
- Capacity: 26,000 m3/day.
- Disinfection through the addition of sulphuric acid, sodium hypochlorite and ferric chloride.
- Pumping of raw water through 5 pumps (4+1 reserve).
- Sand filtration through 5 (4+1 reserve) metal filters.
- Conditioning of filtered water through dosage of dispersant / anti-fouling agent.
- Safety filtration systems composed of 5 pressure containers with a selectivity of 5 microns.
- Metabisulphate dosage to neutralise the oxidation agent injected in the previous phase.
- High pressure pumping and energy recovery using 5 turbo-pump groups (4+1 reserve) composed of a pump, motor and Pelton turbine.
- 4 Frames with 101 pressure tubes per frame and 7 membranes per pressure tube.
- 45% conversion.
- Remineralisation through lime and CO2.
- Treated water tanks of 2,500 m3 and 16,500 m3.
- Dilution of the rejected brine with dilution of 4:1 with sea water to avoid any impact on the Poseidonia oceanica (sea grass habitat).