Desalination through revers osmosis
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
Over 2,000 million people in the world live without access to a basic drinking water service, and 3,6 billionhave no access to a basic sanitation service, resulting in avoidable deaths, chronic disease, fewer hours of education and low productivity.
ACCIONA has positioned itself as a key player in the water treatment sector. Its innovative management seeks to resolve the challenges with respect to the shortage of water resources.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy accounts for 35 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low-carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the emerging needs of humanity and to minimize their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its effects to be a strategic priority. The company works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Project: Canal de Alicante SWRO
- Entity: Ministry of the Environment.
- Location: Alicante, Community of Valencia. Spain.
- Capacity: 65,000 m3/day.
- Population equivalent: 380,000 inhabitants
- Sea water intake through well catchment.
- Disinfection through the addition of sodium hypochlorite.
- Pumping of sea water through deep well vertical centrifuge pumps (18) of 300 m3/h each.
- Line Microfiltration through 10 units of constant level filters.
- Conditioning of filtered water through dosage of sulphuric acid and anti-fouling agent (sodium hexametaphosphate).
- Elimination of residual free chlorine through the addition of sodium bisulphate.
- High pressure pumping and energy recovery through 7 multi-stage + Pelton turbine groups.
- Seven frames of 100 modules and with 700 membranes each.
- Remineralisation of desalinated water through the addition of lime.
- Treated water tank using (4+1) pumps of 525 m3/h.
- Impulsion piping for produced water with 8,300 m of diameter 1100 and 13,625 m of diameter 700. Regulation tank of 50,000 m3.
- Supply by gravity to the Canal de Alicante.