we aim to raise employability
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Tuppadahalli wind farm, located in the state of Karnataka, is in operation since 2011. ACCIONA, in order to improve the well – being of the communities, started a project with the NGO Child Fund named SwabalambanSelf Reliance redefined since May 2018.
This project aims to raise employability of youth & women trying to make them more adaptable to the changing demands of the labour market and encourage the young people to take charge of their lives. The community has limited and unreliable livelihood opportunities with majority of residents relying on agriculture labour and casual jobs.
The goal of the project is to bridge the gap of Leadership & Entrepreneurship skills by developing and transforming the minds of young people for positive change and social impact through their empowerment processes by the end of 2020.
600 adolescent girls and youth between the ages of 15 and 24 year participate in the program.
The Project contains 3 strategies:
- Strategy 1: Establishment and strengthening of Youth Resource Centres(YRC).12 YRC were formed.
- Strategy 2: Vocational Training Program & Career advice and employable skill development
- Strategy 3: Developing the entrepreneurial skills of the youth at the YRC and exploring the business opportunities
- Strategy 4: Networking, linking and leveraging with various government departments
- Successful completion of computer training: the Computer Training Centre is established at Tuppadahally. 34 youth have successfully completed the computer training along with spoken English classes. 5 are working in the computer field.
- Successful completion of tailoring training: 34 youth (women) were selected and registered for the tailoring trade and have successfully completed the training
- Successful completion of Areca nut plate making training: 31 trained youths are continuing their agricultural work and some education. Tuppadahalli Youth Club members work in the evening based on orders received.
- Leadership training program: held at Singenahalli Youth Resource Centre with 35 participants who learned different leadership skills.
- Community reflection meetings were held at 4 Youth Resource Centreswith stakeholders such as local Panchayat members, community leaders… where they discussed about the different trainings developed
Overall, the project has successfully established four Youth Resource Centers and youth clubs covering all the 6 operation villages. This enabled to reach a maximum number of youths who have been meaningfully engaged through meetings and trainings. Thereby the gap in leadership has been bridged, transforming the minds of young people for positive change and social impact through their empowerment processes. Furthermore, 110 youths have successfully completed Basic Computer, Tailoring & Areca nut leaf plate making