A sustainable journey for our shared future
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
ACCIONA Cultural Engineering is responsible for the technical development and exhibition implementation of the Sustainability Pavilion at Expo 2020 in Dubai, in United Arab Emirates.
After the Expo, the pavilion will become the Centre for Science and for Children. ACCIONA Cultural Engineering’s work focused on executing the exhibition zones of the pavilion, covering a total of 10,175m2 distributed into 14 galleries over two floors. The exhibition is extremely participative and features a wide variety of highly interactive multimedia and immersive experiences. It is also combined with more traditional resources such as mechanical and staged elements, scale models, display modules, and soundscapes and smells.
The pavilion has been designed by the prestigious architects firm Grimshaw Architects and is 100% sustainable. The project is LEED Platinum certification (building and exhibition) along with Expo KPIs and Al Sa’fat green building regulations of Dubai.
Expo 2020 Dubai, organised in the Middle East for the first time by the BIE (Bureau International des Expositions), occupies some 438 hectares and will attract more than 25 million visitors, of which 70% come from nations other than the host country. Under the theme “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”, Expo 2020 intends to become a global platform that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration on a global scale.
- Location: Expo Dubai 2020, United Arab Emirates
- Contact: Production, technical operation and maintenance
- Year: 2020
- Clinet: ASGC Construction L.L.C. for Emaar Properties
Aspectos a destacar
- The Sustainability Pavilion is one of three themed pavilions at Expo 2020 Dubai.
- It covers a total of 10,175 m2 distributed into 14 galleries over two floors.
- The exhibition is extremely participative and feature a wide variety of highly interactive multimedia and immersive experiences.
- After the Expo 2020 it will be converted into the Centre for Science and for Children.
- The project is LEED Platinum certification (building and exhibition).
- The building has been designed by Grimshaw Architects and is 100% sustainable.
m2 exhibition area
the grand egyptian museum