One of the largest wind farms built by ACCIONA for third parties
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Equipped with 34 wind turbines with a total capacity of 102 MW, the South Canoe wind farm is one of the biggest built to date by ACCIONA for third parties. It was developed by the companies Oxford Frozen Foods, Minas Basin Pulp and Power and Nova Scotia Power and is located on the Atlantic coast of Canada in Nova Scotia. It entered service in 2015.
- Location: Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia. Canada.
- Capacity: 102 MW.
- Wind turbine: ACCIONA Windpower AW116/3000.
- Tower: Steel, hub height 92m.
- Start-up: 2015.
- Owner: Oxford Frozen Foods, Minas Basin Pulp and Power and Nova Scotia Power.
- The biggest wind farm built by ACCIONA Energía for third-party customers.
- EPC contract modality, including the supply of turbines, civil works, interior electrical infrastructure, assembly, operation and maintenance of the wind farm.
- Clean energy equivalent to the consumption of around 32,000 homes
- Construction under harsh weather conditions
- Contribution to a more sustainable energy mix in Canada.
megawatts (MW) of power
tons of CO2 into the atmosphere avoided per year
jobs created during construction
million tree equivalent