One of the largest wind farms built by ACCIONA for third parties
Equipped with 34 wind turbines with a total capacity of 102 MW, the South Canoe wind farm is one of the biggest built to date by ACCIONA for third parties. It was developed by the companies Oxford Frozen Foods, Minas Basin Pulp and Power and Nova Scotia Power and is located on the Atlantic coast of Canada in Nova Scotia. It entered service in 2015.
- Location: Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia. Canada.
- Capacity: 102 MW.
- Wind turbine: ACCIONA Windpower AW116/3000.
- Tower: Steel, hub height 92m.
- Start-up: 2015.
- Owner: Oxford Frozen Foods, Minas Basin Pulp and Power and Nova Scotia Power.
- The biggest wind farm built by ACCIONA Energía for third-party customers.
- EPC contract modality, including the supply of turbines, civil works, interior electrical infrastructure, assembly, operation and maintenance of the wind farm.
- Clean energy equivalent to the consumption of around 32,000 homes
- Construction under harsh weather conditions
- Contribution to a more sustainable energy mix in Canada.
megawatts (MW) of power
tons of CO2 into the atmosphere avoided per year
jobs created during construction
million tree equivalent