Bringing Solar Power to the Lone Star State
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Red-Tailed Hawk will have a capacity of 350 MWac of photovoltaic solar energy, enough to meet the energy needs of 66,500 Texas households. The project will create approximately 400 jobs during its peak construction phase and 15 permanent jobs once operational. Moreover, it will contribute millions in local tax revenue over its 30+ year lifetime.
ACCIONA’s team is committed to using local businesses and services providers when possible during construction and operation.
- Location: Wharton County, TX
- Capacity: 350 MWac PV
- Technology: Solar panels affixed to solar trackers
- Local Permitting: 2022
- Construction: 2022-2023
- Begin Operations: 2024
- Owners: ACCIONA Energia
- To date, Red-Tailed Hawk represents ACCIONA Energia’s largest PV project in the world
- Site will feature solar panels, affixed to solar trackers that maximize production throughout the day
- Estimated to generate millions in local tax revenue over the life of the project, while offering income diversity to the landowners participating in the solar farm
- Up to 400 new direct jobs during peak construction and 15 permanent, fulltime jobs once operational
Local Benefits of Solar Energy
- A boost in tax revenue without an increased demand on local services like police and schools
- Local job creation and support of local businesses
- Local partnership opportunities. Each ACCIONA Energia project includes a social impact management program dedicated to advancing education, wellness or environmental stewardship
Please visit our detail page for more information about this project including relevant documentation, latest project news and benefits.