enhancing the entrepreneurial capacity of the area
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
The aim of the project is to enhance the entrepreneurial capacity of the inhabitants of the area and thus, reduce the rate of unemployment and poverty.
There are 158 producers participating in the program. The project consists as a platform to support small entrepreneurs in the area with training that will help them to grow in the workplace and expand their business vision. In addition, they receive help to promote their products with advertising and fairs where the entire community participates.
The program is divided in two phases:
- In the first one, it helps local projects that are already being produced on a small scale and that are wishing to increase their sales and the volume of business.
- In the second stage, the coverage of the program is expanded to train potential entrepreneurs.
Annually, 5 activities are included to achieve the planned objective:
- Training workshops: for entrepreneurs to obtain the necessary skills to distribute their products in markets with greater potential. In a second phase, the intention is that potential entrepreneurs achieve specific approaches of business ideas with the respective business plan.
- Talks: program of talks for entrepreneurs with the participation of experts, in order to generate a planned process of updating knowledge.
- Forums: organization of periodic forums in order to generate debates between the authorities, the beneficiaries of the project and the private sector.
- Fairs: restricted market system 'Tilarán produces, Entrepreneur Fair' for the exclusive use of local producers where the consumers are in direct contact with producers and sales of their products are promoted.
- Entrepreneurship Week: Cantonal Fair that enables entrepreneurs to be persistent.
In the two years that ACCIONA has been supporting the program, it has provided the following goods and services:
- Educational equipment and furniture: desks and chairs.
- Office and computer supplies and materials: boards or corks.
- Communication equipment: screen to project.
- Training activities.
With this project ACCIONA seeks to support the small entrepreneurs in the area, promoting entrepreneurship and thus improving the quality of life of the communities in the area of influence of the wind farm