Two photovoltaic plants in Odessa
ACCIONA has installed two photovoltaic plants in the Odessa region, southwest of Ukraine, with a combined capacity of 42 MWp (nominal 32 MW), after acquiring 75% of both projects from the UDPR company, which holds a 25% stake . Between both facilities they will generate clean energy equivalent to the consumption of some 23,000 homes.
Gudzovka is the largest of these plants, with a peak capacity of 24 MWp (19 MW rated), while the Arcyz plant has 18 MWp (13.5 MW rated). Both feature polycrystalline silicon photovoltaic modules on fixed structures.
The power generated by the plants is sent to the national grid and sold to the Ukrainian utility company Energorynok State Enterprise under a PPA (power purchase agreement) for the period until 31 December 2029. After that date, ACCIONA will operate under the price system established in the Ukrainian market
Through this operation, ACCIONA has strengthened its position in the renewables sector in Ukraine, where it owns and operated the 57.2-MWp (44 MW rated) Dymerka 2-3-4 photovoltaic complex in the region of Kiev. This complex is 100% owned by ACCIONA.
- Location: Gudzovka / Arcyz, Odessa (Ukraine).
- Peak capacity: 24.3 MWp / 17.7 MWp
- Rated capacity: 18.8 MW / 13.5 MW
- Technology: Photovoltaic solar on fixed structures.
- Start-up: 2019
- ACCIONA (75%) UDPR (25%)
- Two new renewable installations that reinforce ACCIONA's presence in Ukraine.
- Total investment estimated at 30.6 million euros.
- Joint annual average production of 55 GWh.
- Clean energy equivalent to the demand of some 23,000 homes.
- Production supplied to the public electricity company Energorynok State Enterprise under a long-term contract.
- Some 53,000 tons of CO2 a year avoided in coal-fired power stations.
Joint average annual production
megawatts of peak power
tons of CO2 into the atmosphere avoided
30.6 M €
Total estimated investment