A new bridge over the Fraser river
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The project includes the construction of the new bridge that will replace the current one, as well as the execution of road connections in its two distribution hubs to guarantee the fluidity of traffic between New Westminster and Surrey.
The new bridge will consist of four lanes (two in each direction) for cars and commercial vehicles, separated by a central reservation.
Completion of the new bridge is scheduled for 2023. Once in operation, the new Pattullo Bridge will improve traffic safety for cars, cyclists and pedestrians. The current Pattullo bridge will be removed as part of the project.
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Type of contract: Design, Construction and Finance.
- Infrastructure: cable-stayed bridge with four lanes (2+2) and side roads for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Completion date: 2023
- A safer crossing with modern lane widths to accommodate standard-sized commercial and passenger vehicles, separated by a central reservation to ensure greater safety for all bridge users.
- Removal of existing Transit Link Pattullo Bridge.
- Modern lane widths to increase bridge capacity by 10 % and for the safe passage of pedestrians and cyclists, separated from traffic on both sides of the new bridge.
- Improved community connections to reduce traffic congestion in New Westminster and Surrey.
- Separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists.
Related newsMore news
ACCIONA selected as preferred proponent to construct the new Pattullo Bridge in British Columbia (Canada)
The contract, through a consortium with Aecon, includes the design and construction of the bridge...