the project will improve road safety and reduce congestion
The project is part of the larger Warrell Creek to Urunga Pacific Highway upgrade approved in July 2011 and is jointly funded by the state and federal governments.
Once complete the upgrade will improve road safety and relieve seasonal traffic congestion.
The upgrade between Warrell Creek and Nambucca Heads involves:
- Design and construction of 19.5km of new dual carriageway road.
- Two grade separated interchanges at Warrell Creek and Bald Hill Road, south of Macksville.
- Longitudinal bridges across Upper Warrell Creek, Williamson Creek, Warrell Creek, Nambucca River floodplain and Nambucca River.
- Overbridges on Rosewood Road, Albert Drive, Scotts Heads Quarry access road, Bald Hill Road, Old Coast Road South, Mattick Road and Old Coast Road North and an underpass at Cockburns Lane.
- Pacifico is working with Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) to develop and implement innovative and efficient design solutions which will reduce the overall construction and operations budget.
- Location: Macksville, NSW, Australia
- Our role: Design and construction
- Infrastructure: Design and construction of 19.5km of new dual carriageway road
- Project Value: AU$550 million
- Estimated completion date: 2017