We ensure the continuity and quality of the energy
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Location: Technological Innovation Department of Acciona.
- Duration: March 2018 - June 2019
- Participants: ACCIONA.
- Budget: €232,097
- More information: Project financed by the Government of Navarra and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the ERDF Operational Programme 2014-2020 for Navarra
- Increase the integration of photovoltaic energy in the grid, giving the renewable generation system a storage facility with ramp control, fluctuation filtering, frequency regulation and capacity guarantees.
- Validate advanced strategies for photovoltaic plants aimed at optimizing the control and management of storage systems, by incorporating advanced prediction models of the resource and economic aspects (market).
- Structure the simultaneous execution of various strategies, with dynamic distribution of the total capacity to each one of them.
- Incorporate resource availability considerations thanks to the integration of short-term fluctuation data, through integration with data from sky cameras.
- Ensure the continuity and quality of the energy sent to the grid, validating the effectiveness of the response in a validation context that fulfils the current requirements of the Grid Codes.
- Demonstrate the suitability of the storage systems incorporated into photovoltaic plants as systems that provide auxiliary services to the grid, constituting an integral and efficient system with demonstrated fast-response capacity to cover supply needs and demands.