Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
OptEEmAL aims to provide stakeholders with a web-based platform for district energy-efficient retrofitting design, which will support integrated design methodologies for the systemic delivery of optimized designs, based on an Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) approach for building and district retrofitting projects and can help reduce uncertainties and the time during this process, resulting in significantly improved solutions when compared to Business-as-usual practices.
The platform will make use of the input data from the district (geometrical, materials, renewable energy resources, existing energy systems, social aspects, economic data, barriers, specific targets, etc.) that will be processed in a four-step platform (diagnosis and formulation of scenarios; evaluation and optimization; best scenario selection and data exportation) conducting an interactive design process with the stakeholders and obtaining, at the end of the process, an optimal retrofitting design according to the stakeholders’ priorities.
The key features of this platform are:
- The involvement of all stakeholders during the process will be ensured by establishing the proper interfaces that will guarantee that the results represent the interests of all involved players (architects, engineers, building managers, local administrators, citizens and policy makers), through defining the prioritization criteria and checking and validating the generated scenarios.
- Existing tools will be integrated in the OptEEmAL web-based platform to ensure their interoperability in order to provide high-quality validated solutions for building and district retrofitting projects, taking in to account the subsequent operation and maintenance phases, and the interactions of the design process with the district in terms of key indicators (namely District Sustainability Indicators) that capture aspects related to energy, comfort, economy, social wellbeing, environment, and urban morphology through a common and standard data model.
- A systemic strategy to develop retrofitting design projects will be delivered, based on the retrofitting objectives, allowing the key stakeholders to select the best scenario according to their prioritizations, through an optimization process for the evaluation of different retrofitting alternatives.
There will be several stages in the process of the platform development:
- 1.Requirements collected to start the prototypes design.
- 2.OptEEmAL components designed to start the implementation.
- 3.Components developed and integrated in the OptEEmAL Platform.
- 4.OptEEmAL Platform deployed and technologically validated in relevant environment through the case studies evaluation.
- 5.Platform prototype ready and demonstrated in relevant environment.
- 6.Final platform deployed and demonstrated in operational environment.
4 years starting from Sep 2015.
- Fundación CARTIF
- Fundación TECNALIA
- Fundació Privada Universitat i Tecnologia
- Technical University of Crete
- United Technologies Research Centre
- Expert System
- ARGEDOR Biliçsim Teknolojileri
- Distretto tecnológico trentino per l’energia e l’ambiente
- Fomento San Sebastián
- Lunds Kommun
- Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH