better access and security for citizens
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The design was provided by Alberta Transportation, although there were several specific items that needed more in-depth design (bearings, expansion joints, MSE walls, steel diaphragms, etc.). Therefore, our construction team also took care of this part of the design, together with our suppliers and with the support of our engineering company.
The length of the action is 4.50 km: 2.90 km in a north-south direction and 1.60 km in an east-west direction.
The project includes:
- The construction of 3 bridges of prefabricated concrete beams, two of them for road traffic of 165 and 150 m each and the other for pedestrians
- Extension of an existing 166 m long prefabricated beam bridge over the CP railroad tracks from 4.20 m wide to 11.20 m wide
- 2 new underpass structures
- The extension of 2 more underpasses
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Contract type: Design and construction
- Infrastructure: 2.9 km north to south, and 1.6 km east to west. 2 new bridges of 165 m and 150 m respectively, as well as the widening of an existing 166-metre bridge, from 4.2 metres to 11.2 metres
- Year of project completion: 2014