better access and security for citizens
The design was provided by Alberta Transportation, although there were several specific items that needed more in-depth design (bearings, expansion joints, MSE walls, steel diaphragms, etc.). Therefore, our construction team also took care of this part of the design, together with our suppliers and with the support of our engineering company.
The length of the action is 4.50 km: 2.90 km in a north-south direction and 1.60 km in an east-west direction.
The project includes:
- The construction of 3 bridges of prefabricated concrete beams, two of them for road traffic of 165 and 150 m each and the other for pedestrians
- Extension of an existing 166 m long prefabricated beam bridge over the CP railroad tracks from 4.20 m wide to 11.20 m wide
- 2 new underpass structures
- The extension of 2 more underpasses
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Contract type: Design and construction
- Infrastructure: 2.9 km north to south, and 1.6 km east to west. 2 new bridges of 165 m and 150 m respectively, as well as the widening of an existing 166-metre bridge, from 4.2 metres to 11.2 metres
- Year of project completion: 2014