3.4km of highway
efficient and reliable movement
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The project requires ACCIONA to provide two travel lanes in each direction on the New England Highway and a flyover for vehicles turning right from the Golden Highway towards Maitland and Newcastle.
As part of the project, ACCIONA will also build a roundabout on the Golden Highway with a connection to the New England Highway - providing safer access to adjoining properties - and a new 30-meter-long, three-span bridge over Mudies Creek, designed to withstand possible flooding.
The project awarded to ACCIONA, is part of a $97 million project funded by the New South Wales government.
- Location: Hunter Region, New South Wales
- Contract: Construct Only
- Infrastructure: 3.4km of road
- Completion Date: 2023
- Widening the New England Highway to provide a divided road with two lanes in each direction between Belford and the Golden Highway.
- Replacing the existing right turn movement from the Golden Highway to the New England Highway with a flyover
- A roundabout on the Golden Highway with a connection to the New England Highway improves safety for motorists turning left onto the New England Highway towards Singleton and provides safer access to adjoining properties.
- Increase capacity and connectivity of the New England Highway and Golden Highway for the efficient and reliable movement of freight
- Improve safety at the New England Highway and Golden Highway intersection by reducing the risk of crashes, particularly for motorists turning right from the Golden Highway
- Increase capacity at the New England Highway and Golden Highway intersection to cater for the predicted increase in traffic movements due to future growth in the Hunter
- Allow for access to existing and future adjoining land uses.
If you want to know more, please access the New England Highway: Belford to the Golden Highway project page.