Three sections project
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The section type had 2 platforms separated by a central reservation of 10.00 metres, with 7.00 m wide carriageways and two lanes measuring 3.50 m each, 1 m inner hard shoulders and 2.50 m outer hard shoulders, with 1.10 m wide shoulders.
The project was divided into three sections:
- A-6 (Castrogonzalo) - Santovenia del Esla. This section was 14.39 km long and the following elements were worth noting: a viaduct over the Arroyo de Prado Ramiro of 145 m long, 16 level crossings and three junctions
- Santovenia del Esla - Fontanillas de Castro. This section was 17.76 km long and the following elements stood out: 5 level crossings, a service area, half-way through the section, with its corresponding slip roads and three junctions
- Fontanillas de Castro - Zamora. This section was 16.90 km long and the following elements were worth noting: the viaduct over the Ricobayo dam, 240 m long, 5 level crossings, one service area and two junctions.
- Location: Castilla y León, Spain
- Contract type: Construction, maintenance and concession until 2042
- Infrastructure: Dual carriageway measuring 49.05 km between Benavente and Zamora.
- Year of project completion: 2015