2.3 - 2.7 km
Faster and better
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
Construction of 10 kilometres of dual-track branch line between the towns of Sandbukta and Såstad, of which 5.5 kilometres is underground, crossing the municipality of Moss. The main works include two tunnels of 2.3 and 2.7 kilometres respectively, a 500-metre cut-and-cover tunnel, and a new station in central Moss, some 60 kilometres south of Oslo.
The project is part of Bane NOR’s intercity programme to promote communications between the country’s major cities and decongest traffic in the area around the capital city of Oslo.
Goal of the project
The main objective of the project is to increase the capacity and reduce travel times on the Østfold line. The project will increase the train frequency to four trains per hour between Moss and Oslo. Together with the Follobanen project, it will cut the travel time between Moss and Oslo by 20 minutes, reducing it to 30 minutes.
- Location: 60 kilometres south of Oslo. Norway
- ACCIONA’s role: Construction
- Infrastructure:Two tunnels of 2.3 and 2.7 kilometres respectively, a 500-metre cut-and-cover tunnel, and a new station in central Moss.
- Scheduled entry into operation: 2024. Full completion: 2026.
- Part of Bane NOR’s intercity programme
- A 2.3 km tunnel from Sandbukta in the north to the centre of Moss in the south.
- Constructed using drilling works and conventional blasting.
- The tunnel, which is 13.5 metres wide and 10 metres high, has a cross-section of 130 square metres.
- The breakthrough of the tunnel took place on 10 March 2021 in Sandbukta.
- Increase the capacity and reduce travel times on the Østfold line