Monte Alto Solar Garden in Milagro
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Solar gardens are groupings of photovoltaic plant owners who share common infrastructures and services. Located in Navarra, Castilla-La Mancha, Extremadura and Aragon, the solar gardens developed by ACCIONA have a total capacity of 62 MWp and have more than 3,500 owners.
- Location: Milagro, Navarra (Spain).
- Peak capacity: 9.50 MWp.
- Technology: Photovoltaic solar with azimuthal tracking.
- Start-up: 2007.
- Owners: 753 individual owners.
- Developer: ACCIONA.
- Average annual production: 14 GWh.
- Clean energy equivalent to the demand from around 4,000 homes.
- 864 solar trackers (5 kW and 11 kW) and 25 fixed structures
- 51-hectare site
- 13,400 metric tons of CO2 avoided per year
- Complex management, with more than 750 individual owners
- Adaptation to an environment of scrubland
- In-house-designed azimuthal solar trackers