Developing new strategies
- Location: ACCIONA's biomass plants in Miajadas (Cáceres), Briviesca (Burgos) y Sangüesa (Navarra)
- Duration: 01/08/2014 - 31/12/2015.
- Participants: ACCIONA
- Budget: 239,609 €.
- Additional information: MICORMASS Project is co-funded by the EEAGrants Program (2nd round), managed by CDTI.
- To develop new strategies for the protection of the pipes that make up the superheater located inside of the boiler and air heaters from the effects of corrosion, which cause loss of load and have a negative impact on combustion processes.
- To study the patterns of temperature inside of the superheater (tubes and beams) to detect areas where overheating occurs.
- To perform a new design based on the superheater temperature studies that balance temperature superheater.
- To propose and test new coating on the tubes to decrease the temperature in the superheater areas where it is established that takes excessive values.
- To evaluate cleaning methodologies for the equipment to prevent that the accumulated dirt originates corrosion phenomena in the tubes.
Content and activities
In summary, the project focuses on the following fields of research:
- Study of temperatures in the superheater
- Research into failure modes in the fireplace.
- New ceramic coatings.
- Cleaning systems by microexplosions application in biomass boilers.
- Integration and testing results.