Developing new strategies
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- To develop new strategies for the protection of the pipes that make up the superheater located inside of the boiler and air heaters from the effects of corrosion, which cause loss of load and have a negative impact on combustion processes.
- To study the patterns of temperature inside of the superheater (tubes and beams) to detect areas where overheating occurs.
- To perform a new design based on the superheater temperature studies that balance temperature superheater.
- To propose and test new coating on the tubes to decrease the temperature in the superheater areas where it is established that takes excessive values.
- To evaluate cleaning methodologies for the equipment to prevent that the accumulated dirt originates corrosion phenomena in the tubes.
Content and activities
In summary, the project focuses on the following fields of research:
- Study of temperatures in the superheater
- Research into failure modes in the fireplace.
- New ceramic coatings.
- Cleaning systems by microexplosions application in biomass boilers.
- Integration and testing results.