Harvesting the Buffalo Trace Area Sun to Power Economic Development
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
The Mason County solar farm is a landmark project amongst the portfolio of solar energy investments being pursued by ACCIONA Energía. This project represents an investment estimated at $200M +.
The project will create an estimated 400 jobs at the peak of construction. The Mason County Solar Farm will contribute millions in local tax revenue over its 30+ year lifetime and will be part of ACCIONA Energía’s social impact management program which reinvests project revenues into the community.
ACCIONA Energía’s team is committed to partnering with local businesses during the development and operation of the project and is a proud a member of the Maysville-Mason County Area Chamber of Commerce.
Local Benefits of Solar Energy
- A boost in tax revenue without an increased demand on local services like police and schools
- Local job creation and support of local businesses
- Local partnership opportunities. Each ACCIONA Energía project includes a social impact management program dedicated to advancing education, wellness or environmental stewardship
- Clean, homegrown electricity
- Location:Mason County, Kentucky.
- Capacity: 250 MW PV
- Technology: Solar panels affixed to solar trackers
- Local Permitting: 2020-2021
- Construction: 2022-2023
- Begin Operations: 2023-2024
- Owners: ACCIONA Energía
- Key project in a portfolio of solar farms being developed by ACCIONA Energía in Kentucky
- Site will feature solar panels, affixed to solar trackers that maximize production throughout the day, with a maximum height of 15 feet
- Estimated to generate millions in local tax revenue over the life of the project, while offering income diversity to the landowners participating in the solar farm.
- Estimated to bring more than 400 new direct jobs during peak construction as well as FT employment opportunities during operation.
If you want to know more, access the Mason County solar farm project page.