Southwest to Northeast
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The section of the new railway network runs in a south-west to north-east direction, crossing territories belonging to the municipalities of Itsasondo, Legorreta and Tolosa, within the province of Guipúzcoa.
- Location: Guipúzcoa, Basque Country, Spain.
- Contract type: Construction.
- The route is 3,585 m long, between kilometre markers 206 + 890 and 210 + 475. Almost the entire section is through tunnels, with a total length of 2,941 m, while the remainder is via two viaducts over the Zubina and Lasarte rivers, which are 144 m and 382.6 m long respectively.
- The length of the tunnel (2,941 m) and the safety recommendations for railway tunnel infrastructures requires two interim evacuation atriums, which are 40 m and 140 m long respectively.
- The corresponding emergency platforms are located in the adjoining areas or at the exits. Furthermore, the decks of the two viaducts, which connect to the planned emergency platforms at either end, have also been taken into account to evacuate the tunnels in the event of an incident.
- Year of project completion: 2014