Lamèque Wind Farm
Grid connected in 2011, Lamèque was the first wind farm installed by the company in Canada with ACCIONA Windpower wind turbines. It consists of thirty AW1500 turbines that produce clean energy to cover the electricity demand of around 8,000 homes in the area. It is located on the island of the same name, on the country’s Atlantic coast.
- Location: Lamèque Island, Gloucester County, New Brunswick. Canada.
- Capacity: 45 MW.
- Wind turbine: ACCIONA Windpower AW77/1500.
- Tower: Steel,hub height 80m.
- Start-up: 2011.
- Owner: ACCIONA.
- First wind farm with ACCIONA Windpower turbines in Canada.
- Contract awarded after a selection process organized by the utility company New Brunswick Power for the purchase of renewable energy.
- Clean energy equivalent to the consumption of over 8,000 homes
- Around 148,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions from coal-fired power stations avoided per year
- Construction under harsh weather conditions
- An example of the synergies between the business units Energy, Windpower and Infrastructure of the ACCIONA Group.
megawatts (MW) of power
tons of CO2 into the atmosphere avoided per year
jobs created during construction
million tree equivalent