Built with recycled concrete
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The majority of the viaduct was constructed using a system of prefabricated concrete cantilever beams, with spans ranging between 45 and 85 metres.
Environmental impact management
ACCIONA used recycled concrete during the sanitary landfill operations for this project. The viaduct was completed in December 2006.
The environmental benefits of using recycled concrete included the following:
- Acoustic: The use of this equipment reduced the noise levels produced during its operation.
- Environment: The environmental impact was minimal, as the dust generated during the crushing process was greatly reduced through the use of a spray system.
- Waste: The dumping of a large volume of waste was prevented.
- Natural resources: The use of new natural resources was not necessary for the landfill work.
- Location: Hong Kong, SAR, China
- Contract type: Construction
- Infrastructure: 1.4 kilometre-long viaducts, with four access and exit points
- Year of project completion: 2006