Clean energy in Wielkopolskie
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Krobia I and Poniec II wind farms are two twin wind farms featuring 21 wind turbines in total able to produce enough clean energy from wind to power more than 80,000 homes, thus avoiding the emission of 154,000 metric tons of CO2 a year.
Each of the ACCIONA Windpower technology wind turbines has 3MW rated capacity and 116m rotor diameter mounted on 120-meter-high concrete tower. Owned, built and operated by ACCIONA Energy, both wind farms make 63 MW of installed capacity.
- Location: Krobia and Poniec, Greater Poland. Poland.
- Capacity: 33 MW (Krobia I), 30 MW (Poniec II).
- Wind turbine: ACCIONA Windpower AW116/3000.
- Tower: Concrete, hub-height 120m.
- Start-up: 2013/2015.
- Owner: ACCIONA Energy International.
- Average annual production: 160 GWh, equivalent to the consumption of around 80,000 homes
- 154,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions to the atmosphere from coal-fired power stations avoided
- Concrete tower with assembled sections manufactured close to the site
- Foundations for, and installation of, 21 wind turbines
- 110/30/12 kV substation
- Project based on detailed technical studies to minimize its impact on the environment
- Successfully built overcoming harsh winter weather conditions.
- Installation took place during harsh winter weather conditions