IN2SMART is a project of the Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking made of the following three interlinked Technology Demonstrators (TD):
- Railway Information Measuring and Monitoring System (RIMMS).
- Dynamic Railway Information Management System (DRIMS).
- Intelligent Asset Management Strategies (IAMS).
IN2SMART delivers the strategic research and early stage development essential to fulfil the objectives in their entirety within the framework of Shift2Rail. These TDs deploy an overall concept for Intelligent Asset Management based on the following three main interlinked layers:
- Measuring and Monitoring systems to collect data from the field related to the railway assets status: IN2SMART develops unmanned systems for “remote” monitoring; track geometry, switches & crossings and signalling monitoring systems; innovative measurement of train parameters and wheel defects combined with rolling stock identifications systems.
- Data management, data mining and data analytics procedures to process data from the field and from other sources: IN2SMART develops standard open interfaces to access heterogeneous maintenance-related data; analytic tools to automatic detect anomalies, discover and describe maintenance workflow processes and predict railway assets decay towards prescriptive maintenance.
- Degradation models and decision making tools to support maintenance strategies and execution: IN2SMART lays the foundation of a generic framework for asset management and decision support process. This framework specifies the scope, objectives, workflow and the outcomes of the decision-making process for maintenance interventions planning, and is the enabler for the development of future decision support tools and systems. IN2SMART also develops an optimised tamping tool and a robot platform for maintenance works.
The IN2SMART consortium is composed by 7 founding members and 12 associated members where ACCIONA take part as construction specialist.
- HITACHI RAIL STS SPA
- NETWORK RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE LIMITED
- BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION SWEDEN AB
- CAF TURNKEY & ENGINEERING SOCIEDAD LIMITADA
- SIEMENS AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
- THALES GROUND TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS UK LTD
- TRAFIKVERKET – TRV
- DEUTSCHE BAHN AG
- INFRAESTRUTURAS DE PORTUGAL SA
- STRUKTON RAIL BV
- CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS DE MATERIALES Y CONTROL DE OBRA SA
- DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT - UND RAUMFAHRT EV
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V.
- ACCIONA CONSTRUCCION SA
- SNCF RESEAU
- Kompetenzzentrum - Das Virtuelle Fahrzeug, Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
- FCP FRITSCH, CHIARI & PARTNER ZIVILTECHNIKER GMBH
- WIENER LINIEN GMBH &CO KG
- MER MEC SPA
- OBB-Infrastruktur AG
- SCHWEIZERISCHE BUNDESBAHNEN SBB
- TURKIYE CUMHURIYETI DEVLET DEMIR YOLLARI ISLETMESI GENEL MUDURLUGU
DURATION: From 4th December 2019 to4th December 2022 (36 months)