hybrid storage system for wind farms
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Location: Technological Innovation Department of Acciona.
- Duration: January 2016-September 2018
- Participants: Acciona. Project partner: Ingeteam Energy.
- Budget: €1,024,395
- Additional information: Project financed by CDTI and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through its multi-regional operational program
Content and activities
- Development of a tool for the simulation, dimensioning and optimization of storage systems.
- Definition and analysis of different operating scenarios and business models.
- Pilot project to integrate a hybrid storage system into a wind farm.
- Development of solutions for the integration of storage and renewable generation in off-grid environments.
- Experimentation, testing and validation of scenarios.
- Experimentation and validation of Advanced Operating Strategies for Storage Systems.