of clean energy
Harvesting the Illinois Sunshine
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
High Point will be located close to the EcoGrove Wind Farm, which the company has owned and operated for more than a decade. When complete the project will add 100 MW of clean energy capacity to the Illinois grid.
ACCIONA is excited to be expanding its investment in Stephenson County.
Local Benefits of Solar Energy
- A boost in tax revenue without an increased demand on local services like police and schools
- Local job creation and support of local businesses
- Local partnership opportunities. Each ACCIONA project includes a social impact management program dedicated to advancing education, wellness or environmental stewardship
- Location: Stephenson County, Illinois
- Capacity: 100 MW PV
- Technology: Solar panels affixed to solar trackers
- Construction: 2021-2022
- Begin Operations: 2022
- Owners: ACCIONA
- ACCIONA’s second renewable energy project in Illinois
- Key project in a portfolio of solar farms being developed by ACCIONA to deliver more than a gigawatt of new solar by the end of 2023.
- Site will feature solar panels, affixed to solar trackers that maximize production throughout the day.
- Site will be located near the EcoGrove Wind Farm.