Railway platform for 250 km/h
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
Railway platform 5,870 m long for 250 km/h. Double track of international gauge 1,435 mm. Platform width 14 m.
- Location: Guipúzcoa, Basque Country, Spain.
- Contract type: Construction.
- Infrastructure: Railway track bed L = 5,870 m for 250 km/h. Double track, international gauge (1,435 mm). Track bed width 14 m. Ballastless track. Most significant elements:
- Viaduct over the river Hernialde: L = 25 m. Post-tensioned lightweight slabs with a minimum depth at the edge of 1.60 m and a depth of 1.74 m on the slab axis. It will be constructed with full shoring, except on the section over the bed of the river Hernialde, where falsework will be used.
- Viaduct over the river Alkiza: L = 69 m (19.5 + 30 + 19.5). Post-tensioned lightweight slabs with a minimum depth at the edge of 1.65m and a depth of 1.79 m on the slab axis. It will be constructed with full shoring, except on the section over the bed of the river Alkiza, where falsework will be used.
- Viaduct over the river Asteasu: L = 404 m (34 + 3x49 + 50 + 3x47 + 32). Post-tensioned concrete box, with a maximum depth of 3.20 m. It will be constructed with a launching gantry.
- Bored tunnels: Anoeta (L = 1,370 m), Asteasu (L = 2,557 m) and Zizurkil (847 m). The free cross-sections are 85 m2 para Anoeta and Asteasu, and 95 m2 for Zizurkil, although it has also been reduced to 85 m2. The vault and walls have a circular cross-section.
- Ugarte cut-and-cover tunnel: L = 268 m with a maximum overburden of approximately 13 m.
- Tunnel openings: Vaults supported on slabs, made from reinforced concrete with a variable depth created “in situ”.
- Track slabs: Reinforced slabs measuring 9 m wide and 60 cm deep will be used as the base for the ballastless track on the open-air sections located between the cut-and-cover tunnel and the viaduct, as it is a short section.
- Year of project completion: 2018